Mark Day School is a fully accredited, independent, coeducational school for students in grades Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Throughout the school's history, we have remained focused on providing a challenging program in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Our defining characteristic is a rich and balanced program delivered by an innovative and passionate faculty marked with humor and kindness. Visionary stewardship from our administration and a highly capable and supportive board of trustees have allowed us to engage in thoughtful strategic planning to provide best in 21st-century teaching and learning. We have had a long history of fiscal planning, balanced budgets, and strong annual funds and endowment.
From a modest inception, we have built a school of remarkable academic strength, marked by a vibrant and inclusive community that is full of heart.
Our membership and affiliations include the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and more.
Enrollment and Faculty
- Full enrollment: 380, two classes per grade
- Lower School (K-3): 20 students per class
- Upper School (4-8): 22 students per class
- Full-time faculty: 33
- Part-time: 3
- Support teachers: 20
- Students of color: 40%
- From San Rafael: 43%
- From Central/West Marin: 21%
- From Southern Marin: 20%
- From Novato: 13%
- From outside Marin: 3%
Memberships and Affiliations
- The California Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Independent Schools
- Association of Bay Area Development Officers
- Independent School Business Officers Association
- Bay Area Directors of Admission
- The Alumni Program Council for Independent Schools
- The Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Educational Records Bureau
- Secondary School Admissions Test Board
- School and Student Service for Financial Aid
- People of Color in Independent Schools (POCIS)