Mission and philosophy
Mark Day School discovers and nurtures what is finest in each child in a vibrant, inclusive learning community. Innovative and full of heart, Mark Day School strives to develop well-rounded critical thinkers in a challenging program that fosters academic excellence and responsible world citizenship.
At Mark Day School we:
- offer a strong, dynamic academic curriculum, enriched by programs in the arts, physical education, service learning, and outdoor education, with an emphasis on social-emotional development.
- honor and are guided by the Seven Pillars of Character: Caring, Courage, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Fairness.
- embrace diversity in preparing students for a global future.
- combine thoughtful innovation with enduring best practices.
- provide a hands-on program that encourages curiosity, develops independence, and addresses different learning styles.
- strive to teach, learn, and live in a sustainable way.
- integrate technology for learning at age-appropriate levels.
- foster a partnership between our school and parents, which is vital to the success of each child.
- understand that each member of our community blossoms in an atmosphere of safety, encouragement, support, and collaboration.
- believe that school should be challenging, fun, engaging, and joyful
Seven Pillars of Character
Development of good character has been at the heart of Mark Day School since its inception. In 1997, our community formally adopted these foundational values:
Today, the Seven Pillars are integrated into the life of the school and are part of all we do. They call us to abide by our highest standards.