Board of Trustees
The Board is the guardian of the school's mission. It is the Board's responsibility to ensure that the mission is relevant and vital to the community it serves and to monitor the success of the school in fulfilling its mission.
President, P '24, '27
P '23, '26, '27
P' 21, '23, '23
P '26, '27
P '22, '25, '27
P '22, '25
P '23, '25, '27
P '27, '29
P '25, '25
P '24, '27
P '19, '23
Head of School
Scott Lamson '06
P '26, '28
Dr. Christine Metzger
Andrea Urda Rijo
P '27, '29
P '24, '26
P '28, '30
Principles of Good Practice:
- The Board adopts a clear statement of the school's mission, vision, and strategic goals and establishes policies and plans consistent with this statement.
- The Board reviews and maintains appropriate bylaws that conform to legal requirements, including duties of loyalty, obedience, and care.
- The Board assures that the school and the Board operate in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, minimizing exposure to legal action.
- The Board accepts accountability for both the financial stability and the financial future of the institution, engaging in strategic financial planning, assuming primary responsibility for the preservation of capital assets and endowments, overseeing operating budgets, and participating actively in fundraising.
- The Board selects, supports, nurtures, evaluates, and sets an appropriate compensation for the Head of School.
- The Board recognizes that its primary work and focus are long-range and strategic.
- The Board undertakes formal strategic planning on a periodic basis, sets annual goals related to the plan, and conducts annual written evaluations for the school, the Head of School, and the Board itself.
- The Board keeps full and accurate records of its meetings, committees, and policies and communicates its decisions widely, while keeping its deliberations confidential.
- Board composition reflects the strategic expertise, resources, and perspectives (past, present, future) needed to achieve the mission and strategic objectives of the school.
- The Board works to ensure all its members are actively involved in the work of the Board and its committees.
- As leader of the school community, the Board engages proactively with the Head of School in cultivating and maintaining good relations with school constituents as well as the broader community and exhibits best practices relevant to equity and justice.
- The Board is committed to a program of professional development that includes annual new trustee orientation, ongoing trustee education and evaluation, and Board leadership succession planning.
In Step with the Board