The following roles in the Closing Day and graduation programs are assigned:
- Gift presentation to 8th grade parents on Closing Day is assigned to the two students whose parents chair that committee.
- The wish for the Class of 2027 is assigned to the two students who received the wish when they were in kindergarten.
- Escort of the kindergarteners is assigned to the buddies of the two children who are selected to receive this year's wish from the Class of 2019.
Presentation of Gift to Parents
On Closing Day, one or two students will make a short speech and hand a basket of gifts to the parents who chaired the 8th Grade Parent Committee. The gifts are purchased by the graduation coordinator with school funds and will be wrapped and ready to present on Closing Day.
- Ms. Gordon will have a notebook with examples of presentation speeches from past years. Write your speech. Take a draft of your words to Ms. Gordon for proofreading.
- Open with a simple statement such as: "On behalf of the Class of 2019, I am happy to present these tokens of appreciation from the school to the Eighth Grade Parent Committee." This is followed by a summary of the major activities of the committee. In the interest of time, no parents other than those who chair the committee are called to the state.
- Hand in the FINAL COPY to Ms. Gordon by the last week in May.
FORMAT: Handwritten or typed, double-spaced, 14-point text.
Ms. Truss will be available to help you with your delivery.
Presentation of Wish for the Kindergarten Class
At graduation, a wish for the kindergarten class is delivered by the two graduates who were themselves the recipients of the class wish in their kindergarten year.
- Ms. Gordon will have a notebook with examples of wishes from past years. Write your wish and decorate the gift envelope. Take a draft of your words to Ms. Gordon for proofreading.
- If you need other students' help in your preparations, ask Ms. Gordon to help you gather a committee to work together to write the wish and decorate the envelope.
LAST WEEK IN MAY: Hand in the printed copy of the wish and the decorated envelope to Ms. Gordon. Delivery of the wish at graduation will be shared by the two original recipients. Ms. Truss will be available to help you with your delivery.
Escort of the Kindergarten Children
This gesture is rehearsed with the two kindergarteners and their buddies during the graduation rehearsal. No preparation is needed.