The Afterschool Club
The Mark Day School Afterschool Club (ASC) is designed for families who need flexibility in pickup or drop-off times. The Club provides a friendly, safe, and nurturing environment where students can socialize, play games, participate in fun and educational activities, work on homework, eat a healthful snack, and relax.
After school Club activities rotate and include games as well as special holiday activities such as building a gingerbread house and enjoying piñatas. Students can also work on art projects and we offer occasional nature programs.
The ASC offers a flexible schedule to meet families' needs: It is open from 7:30-8:20am for students who need to be dropped off at school early before classes begin. To accommodate the early kindergarten dismissal (at 2:30pm), there is care available for free until 3:10pm. At that time, K students can be escorted to afternoon pickup when the other grades are dismissed or they can remain with the ASC. The program is open to all students, K-8, from 3:30-6:00pm Monday through Thursday, and on Friday from 2:30-6:00pm. Parents can pick up students within these hours at their convenience.
Part of the ASC, Homework Cafe offers a quiet, supervised classroom for students in grades 5-8 to work on homework after school. For more details, click here.
- Safety is of the utmost importance--students need to be signed in and out.
- Relatives and nannies picking up students should be added to a list and introduced to the club director and teachers.
- Please inform us if a younger child needs special attention.
- Enrollment and payment are handled through the business office.
- Please make sure your children have warm clothing, such as a sweater or sweatshirt, for outdoor activities in wintertime.