In addition to supporting Mark Day School's work through your generous cash donations--to the True Blue Fund, special gifts, capital project, and more--there are additional ways in which you can contribute to the long-term sustainability of Mark Day School.
Planned gifts provide us with the ability to think strategically about the school's future. Generous and forward-thinking donors who leave planned gifts or a bequest intention through Mark Day School's Legacy Society will support our long-term success and will be long remembered. Many of these options are a win-win for you and the school. We encourage you to consult with your financial advisor to discuss the tax benefits of these options.
- Bequests. One of the easiest ways to help involves simply naming Mark Day School as a beneficiary in your will and living trust. A bequest may be for a particular dollar amount or percentage of your estate. Estate tax savings may be significant.
- Life Insurance Policy and Retirement Assets. Often overlooked by donors, naming Mark Day School as a partial beneficiary of these assets can provide support for the school.
- Life Income Gifts. Life income gifts allow you to leave a gift in the care of Mark Day School, while earning income for yourself during your lifetime. The two most popular life income gifts are charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Those who leave planned gifts become a part of our Legacy Society. Members are a special part of the Mark Day School donor family. They are also honored with:
- Recognition on our website
- Listing in the Annual Report
- An invitation to the annual Eighth Pillar event
For more information, please contact Wendy Levine, Director of Development at 415.472.8008.